Entry #1: Lift, Laugh, Love
Entry #1: Lift, Laugh, Love
Hello, my name is Jacob and welcome to my blog. And just like everyone else I also have hobbies, but my favorite has to be weightlifting. It's become a part of my day-to-day life and has done wonders for my health both physically and mentally. Dedicating about 2 hours each day to it along with being on a push, pull, and legs split, meaning that I work out chest, shoulder, and triceps on one day back, bicep, and abs for push and legs on leg day. The gym also plays a large part in my social life because that's when all my friends and I lift together.
As I said the health benefits from weightlifting are copious. Such as weight loss, increased metabolism, more muscle mass, joint health, brain health, and improved mood backed by Benefits of weightlifting. And I can say that I've also personally experienced all these benefits with lifting from the age of 14. Improving my life in countless ways and also serving as a fantastic coping mechanism.
Proving me with a way to get out the house and see all my friends. Another hobby that I've picked up in
that's in line with health is skateboarding. Serving as a fantastic form of cardio with Skateboarding burning more calories than jogging on average. providing yet another way to keep in shape and just have fun.
And if you take anything away from this blog it's that I truly believe everyone should get into weightlifting. From the countless health benefits to the social aspect, it really is a hobby anyone can get behind.
Comments
Post a Comment